Website Privacy Statement
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation and its affiliated companies (“Cognizant” “we” or “us”) are firmly committed to protecting your privacy. You should understand what we do with data relating to you (“personal information”) which we collect when you visit this website (cognizant.com), our country-specific sites or any other websites to which this Cognizant Website Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies (collectively, the “Sites”). As a global company, Cognizant has a number of legal entities in different jurisdictions which are responsible for the personal information which they collect independently and which may be processed on their behalf by Cognizant Technology Solutions U.S. Corporation and its affiliates. The data controller for personal information collected from a visitor to the Sites is Cognizant Technology Solutions U.S. Corporation, 211 Quality Circle, College Station, Texas, United States of America or the affiliate specified on the Site that references this Privacy Notice.
We may supplement this Privacy Notice to address specific situations. All supplemental notices should be read together with this Privacy Notice.
"User Personal Information" is any information about one of our Users which could, alone or together with other information, personally identify them or otherwise be reasonably linked or connected with them. Information such as a username and password, an email address, a real name, and an Internet protocol (IP) address are examples of “User Personal Information.”
User Personal Information does not include aggregated, non-personally identifying information that does not identify a User or cannot otherwise be reasonably linked or connected with them. We may use such aggregated, non-personally identifying information for research purposes and to operate, analyze, improve, and optimize our Website and Service.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we use your personal information for various purposes, such as to:
- Provide you with the products, services and information that you have requested, including providing copies of white papers, investor kits, and where applicable, processing orders. Manage and maintain our relationship with you, including responding to an inquiry, question or comment made by you and providing you with other customer support.
- Allow you to participate in an event organized or promoted by us and/or our business partners. Communicate important notices to you, such as information about changes to this Privacy Notice, our Sites, and service updates. Carry out analytics and market research and internal reporting to enable us to plan, develop and improve our Sites, our products, services and marketing activities. (For example, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Sites, to refine the Sites based on which features people use most often, to help identify Site users (such as you) and gather general demographic information about Site users).
- Inform you of our new products, services and events that we think you will find valuable by sending promotional messages via email and/or other similar communications means. (If you would prefer not to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the promotional communications that you receive or contact us as described below). Create a profile about you to help us personalize our communications to you, including to ensure that you receive relevant marketing communications based on your actions on a particular Site or your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Prevent and detect unlawful behavior, and protect or enforce our legal rights, for example defending us in case of legal disputes.
Your personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice in accordance with applicable laws, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
If you would like to exercise your right to modify or remove your personal information from our database or request a copy of your personal information (to the extent these rights are provided by law), you can send us an e-mail at [email protected] For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will respond as soon as reasonably practical and within the time frame specified by applicable law. We reserve the right to deny your request based on applicable law and will inform you if we do so.
We may change and update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to our Privacy Notice will be posted on this page.
General Data Protection Regulation Information for FuseKit®
The main purpose of this section is to provide information about our data processing activities for the FuseKit® product, in compliance with Regulation 2016/679, also known as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you have any questions relating to our processing of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
The Cognizant Privacy Notice applies to the collection and use of personal information relating to clients, vendors, business partners, visitors, marketing contacts and other external individuals with whom we interact, primarily in an offline context.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we use your personal information for the purposes identified in the main body of the Privacy Notice based on the following legal grounds:
- Consent: We may process your personal information if you consent to such processing, e.g. for receiving promotional messages via phone or electronic communications means from us. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any prior processing based on your consent. Please note that even after withdrawal of your consent we may be entitled to continue processing your personal information if other legal grounds apply. To withdraw your consent, you can use the unsubscribe instructions in the promotional communications you receive.
- Contractual necessity: Where it is necessary to enter into a contract with you for the provision of our products or services or to perform our obligations under that contract. If you do not provide us with your personal information for processing as described below, we may not be able to provide the service, product or information requested.
- Our legitimate interests: We may process your personal information where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a company, including to manage, promote and improve our business and manage our risk.
|Purposes and Legitimate Interests||Legal Grounds|
|Provide requested products, services, and information, e.g., access to the FuseKit® product, documentation.||Contractual necessity|
|Provide customer support, e.g., respond to inquiries, questions, or comments.||Contractual necessity
|Organize and allow participation in an event, e.g., training.||Contractual necessity
|Communicate important notices, such as information about changes to this Privacy Notice, our Sites and service updates.||Contractual necessity
|Carry out analytics, market research and internal reporting to plan, develop and improve our Sites, products, services and marketing activities.||Legitimate interests
|Create user profiles to personalize our products, services, and marketing communications.||Legitimate interests
Your personal information may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate. Therefore, your personal information may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission and which may not provide for the same level of data protection as the EEA. In this event, we will ensure that the recipient of your personal information offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information that we process, subject to conditions and restrictions set out in the applicable laws:
- To learn whether your personal information is processed by us and to request a copy of your personal information and information relating to the processing of your personal information.
- To request the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To request the erasure of your personal information or the restriction of the processing of your personal information.
- To object to our processing of your personal information.
- To withdraw consent you have given.
- To demand data portability under certain circumstances.
- To lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights to the extent allowed under applicable law, please email [email protected]